I kind of just dumped ingredients in until everything seemed balanced and spiced just right! And man, this is good sauce. The fresh tomato is the best part!
So here is the recipe I made up (based on several recipes I found on the internet)
everything is approximate, oh and by the way this makes a HUGE batch, but it is great to keep in the freezer!
Delicious Homemade Pasta Sauce!
9-12 Tomatoes! (I used 9 very large ones and 1 29 oz can of tomato sauce)
1-2 Onions
5-8 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp Vegetable/Olive Oil
2-4 Tbsp. dried Oregano
1-2 Tbsp. dried Basil
2-3 Tbsp. dried Parsley
1/2-1 Tbsp. dried Thyme
Salt
Pepper
1/4 cup sugar
1 Green Pepper (optional)
Secret Ingredient (Pureed White Northern Beans)
--it adds protein without the more expensive cost of meat! Genius!
I learned it from this cute lady I know, here! :)
Freezer container or canning supplies are definitely needed because like I said, it makes quite a bit.
Yeah, I'm kind of terrible at taking pictures (especially when I am cooking) but you get the point.
Directions:
1: chop onion and garlic (I used my food processor)
2: cook in oil until clear-ish
3: cut up tomatoes (again I used my food processor)
The chunkiness depends on how you like it and how you cut up your tomatoes
4: add tomatoes to onion/garlic mixture
5: add spices to taste!
6: Let simmer for a while (30 minutes or so at least)
7: Serve over your favorite pasta with some cheese sprinkled on top :)
Put some in the fridge for tomorrow and the rest in containers to freeze and enjoy on another day! :)
Anyways, that was my cooking excitement for the day. Oh and I am NOT liking this daylight savings time, getting up when it is still dark is no fun whatsoever!
No comments:
Post a Comment