Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Our Gory Kitchen

So the other day, I had a bit of a hard time in the kitchen.. Stephen thinks I am a wonderful cook, but even so I have imperfect moments like this: 


So the story:  I was making tomato soup with real tomatoes from our bountiful garden and so I blended half the soup, no problem.  Then I poured the other half in and blended and picked up the blender and all the sudden the bottom part (with the blade) was not connected to the glass.  Uh oh.  Then tomato mixture comes flooding out the bottom all over the table, the floor, the rug and the wall.  I stood there shocked for a good 10 seconds then I showed Stephen and we both laughed about it.  

The very same night, I was cooking some little plums for a recipe and I went outside for the garden group, and FORGOT to turn the heat down and the lid was on (yeah I know I know I wasn't thinking).  Anyways, I come back in maybe 30 minutes later and the whole thing has boiled over all over the stove AND under the hood of the stove.  Stephen was a gentleman and he cleaned up the whole thing for me!  (Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of this one).  

Needless to say, I stayed out of the kitchen for a couple of days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment