I work at the football games and since it is getting cold, I wanted something to cover my poor little ears so they didn't freeze to death, so I made this: A jersey/knit headband (using an old shirt) so that my ears can at least be a little bit warmer :)
Here is mine (yes it is a little thinner than the other one, but it is also rolled under a bit)
Oh and the yo-yo's are like the easiest ever, I just didn't want to make the flowers out of the knit fabric
(Yes I know I have a large nose, but Stephen likes it :))
Here is the one I found, this is a picture from etsy, but this girl had a tutorial
This is like the easiest thing ever though, here is what you do:
1: measure your head (where it will wrap around) and minus one inch, this is how long you will cut your material
2: cut material about 5 inches wide x your head width minus an inch.
3: Sew (with zigzag stitch or serger) edges together to make a circle
4: find a place you want to cinch it (where the flowers are)--I chose to cinch it where I connected the ends to hide the seam
5: sew a large running stitch (without backstitching) and pull one of the threads so that it cinches
6: make the flowers (mine are just yo-yos, and if you don't know how to make them, here is a super simple tutorial: yo-yos
If you wanted to make the flowers out of the knit fabric, you just sew a running stitch on one end and gather it and sew the ends together
7: sew on the flowers just using thread and a few stitches to secure them and
TADA, thats it, you wear it and have fun!
One other thing: if you wanted it to be warmer you could always use a thicker fabric that is stretchy or use multiple layers.

SO CUTE! :)
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of doing it all in one blog. And your headband is so cute! way to go.
ReplyDelete