Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Turkey!

Man I am on a cooking streak (well sort of).

So a few weeks ago I bought some ground turkey with no specific plans for it, so I froze it, went on vacation, and now I am finally using it.  

So Sunday I made a SUPER delicious meal!  I used this recipe for Asian lettuce wraps using turkey, although I adapted it to my own liking (and to what I had on hand already).  

Here is my own recipe if anyone wants to try it out, and you do because it is very good! 
oil for the pan
2-3 scallions 
2 T minced garlic (fresh is always better)
1 Tbsp ginger (dried)
1.5 lbs ground turkey
4-5 Tbsp soy sauce
1+Tbsp Chile Garlic Sauce (this makes it spicy!)
rice/lettuce/tortillas--or whatever you want to eat with it (this recipe is meant for lettuce wraps but we just ate it over rice and the left overs with rice in tortillas!)

So you just chop everything up.  Heat up oil in the pan and add onion and saute for 1-2 minutes.  Then add the garlic and ginger for another minute.  Then add the ground turkey, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and cook until the turkey is done, about 5-10 minutes.  

Serve over rice or in lettuce leaves or in tortillas, whatever you prefer.  

I am pathetic at taking pictures when I cook, which is why there are none on this post... 


THEN, with the other 1.5 lbs of turkey, I made meatballs and they are very good.  I followed this recipe: Turkey Meatballs.  It tells you to freeze them right after to make them, but I cooked them at 350 for about 30 minutes (turning them after about 20).  Then we can just pull them from the freezer, zap in the microwave and eat the deliciousness! :)

I LOVE springtime, it is my favorite! :) The weather is great, I have more free time, which means I get to experiment with various homemaking activities, I love it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment