Friday, December 7, 2012

Quiet Book!

So for a class I was supposed to create a religious item for my home that either helps teach or makes my own life more religious, so I choose to make a quiet book.

My quiet book is special to me, I made it based on The Proclamation.  It has taken me probably about 30 hours (ish) to make and complete.  This is a long time to spend on one project for school, but this was really important to me.  I want my future children to know how important the family is to me and how central it is to this gospel and God's plan.  This quiet book will help them learn this eternal principle.  I love my family and I have a testimony of the importance of families and how it is so imperative to be righteous and keep our covenants in order for our families to be sealed in the eternities to come.  I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have of God's plan and I am  grateful for his incredible love for us.

And I love how it turned out, here are some pictures for you to enjoy:
Cover Page

Page 1/2

Page 3/4

Page 5/6

Page 7/8

Page 9/10

Back Cover (I made a pocket and put a small copy of the proclamation in it!)

Anyways, that is it.  If you click on the pictures, you can see them bigger.  Oh and by the way it is almost entirely HAND-SEWN!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Lisa, this is AMAZING! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is fantastic! I am truly impressed! I think the proclamation is really important to teach to children. I have actually been thinking of projects that I could make along those lines for Lily, but I am not as ambitious (or as talented) as you! I think a quiet book would be over my head... Maybe Lily can just look at yours sometimes when we come to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! I am impressed as always :)

    ReplyDelete