So because I have a desk job, I have a little bit of down time at work, often I will spend some time looking at silly things on Pinterest, but I also see a lot of inspirational quotes that I love and that help me get through the day and resolve to be a better person.
Anyways, here are some that I particularly love and have found applicable to my own life:
I seriously love this one so much! God is the co-author of our lives, along with ourselves. He knows the ending and he knows the struggles the characters (ourselves) will face. He knows the outcome, he knows the trials and the sorrows of the characters. It is good to not dwell on what goes wrong or what we do not have, but to look at what we have the potential to still accomplish, similar to that talk given at my LDS church conference by Elder Dube. Do you think people may look at me strangely if I were to actually yell this randomly? :)
This is something I have thought about a lot lately. This struggle with infertility has caused me to really evaluate my life and my purpose. I know that sometime in the future I will look back and say, "You know as hard as it was to wait for my children to come into my life, I am grateful for my trial, for the struggle that I did go through, because it has made me into a better person." It has made me realize that my Savior is always there for my right beside me. He holds me and comforts me when I cry, he cheers for me when I do hard things, and he always, always loves me (and you).
I read this blog post the other day and the parts about the Atonement really hit home for me, I love this excerpt in particular:
"What an incredible gift we have to become better after all of {our shortcomings and sins}. You know when people say in church "I'm grateful for tribulation?" And you're thinking, "your life must be easy if you're grateful..." But I get it now. I'm grateful for tribulation; it makes us better people when we choose to continue on in hope and optimism."
How true that is. Trials and tribulation change our very core if we choose to "continue on in hope and optimism." I know that there is a reason for this trial of not yet having kids. There may well be harder trials I have to do through down the road that I will need the strength I have gained from this particular trial to overcome and bear through it. Or maybe later I will be able to comfort and truly empathize with another sister who is going through a similar trial. Or maybe this trial has been for me to make my faith in my Savior unshakable, because it sure is doing that. Or maybe all of these things are in store for me.
Our life here is a blessing. It is a truly a wonderful gift. Yes there are some days when I struggle and hurt more than others and the only thing I can do is cry and lean on my husband and my Savior. And there are some days that I am so focused on having children if my life now, that I forget about all the blessings I do have. I am striving to find more joy in my journey, every single step of the way. It is not the easiest thing, but it is worth it. As per an analogy, just think of walking down the most beautiful trail with gorgeous colors on every side, and all you can do is stare at the ground wondering how much farther you have to endure.
I know that it is easy to get caught up in a plea like Joseph Smith's in Liberty Jail. In my own words, this is my plea, "How long will you make us suffer, how long until you deliver us, how long until you bless us with what you have promised" (in this case children). His response in Doctrine and Covenants 121: 7-8 can bring hope to even the most down-trodden and those barely balancing on the edge of despair. His response as I hear it is, "My daughter, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions (and thy pain and longing and heartache) shall be but a small moment; and then if thou endure it well (and not just endure it grumbling along the way), God shall exalt thee on high (and will bless thee with all he has promised, including precious children of your own).
I know that my Savior lives and that he love me so very much. I have a profound testimony of his love for me and for each of his children. I know that our trials here on earth are for very good reason. I saw this quote the other day: "Positive thinking isn't about expecting the best to happen every time but, accepting that whatever happens is the best for this moment." I believe this so much. When I do have a positive attitude and my unshakable trust in my Lord and Savior, I know that all that happens in my life is the very best thing for me at that particular moment.
And when you are feeling down on life, think about this, it is the truth:
![]() |
| source |




I love this post Lisa. I think you are doing wonderfully as you handle this trial. it is not easy. you are always in my prayers!
ReplyDelete