Some days it feels like the time drags on and minutes seem like hours. Then there are other days I feel like it just flies by and I barely remember the day. Some days are filled with sorrow and longing for my own children, and other days I am just so filled with gratitude for all that I have that I don't even reflect on the things I don't have.
I have found that patience is much much more than just waiting.
As President Uchtdorf said, "Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can --working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!"
I love this so much.
As I have had to learn to cope with the wait and learn patience I have come to know my Savior so much better. He understands my struggle to wait, he understands my pain, he understands my longing.
This trial has
I saw this quote and it is so perfect for every trial we face:
"Faith is believing that although we do not understand all things, HE does. Faith is knowing that although our power is limited, HIS is not. Faith in Jesus Christ consists of complete reliance on Him" -- Dennis E Simmons.
I have found these things to help me to endure well and keep my chin up:
1. Studying my scriptures daily. Not just reading, but truly diving into the scriptures and striving to learn what the ancient prophets meant for us to learn. In keeping an open mind and studying rather than just reading, my eyes have been opened to what this gospel truly is about. It is not just a religion, it is a way of living.
2. Loving and being grateful for the time I have just with my wonderful spouse.
For a while, my thoughts were focused more on: "why can't we just have children" to "I am so grateful for this time I have to spend with Stephen." Though of course I still long for children, I have realized that when I focus on Stephen and what I do have, I am much happier than if I focus on everything I don't yet have.
3. Finding new hobbies (or bringing back old ones!)
This has been a huge thing for me. For a while I was unmotivated to do much of anything. Recently I brought out my sewing machine again and have been whipping out a bunch of awesome projects (or at least making progress on them!) I have almost finished making curtains for our front room, made progress on my denim quilt, of course sewn more creatures for my business.
I am constantly trying to think of fun new sewing projects I can create! I am also working on putting a fun gallery wall together for our front room (finally after about 1.5 years of living in our current apartment..)
Each day is struggle for me, but I know that I can do all things through Christ (Philippians 4:13)
No comments:
Post a Comment