Monday, August 29, 2011

Packing, Moving, School :)

So we finally got the keys to our apartment so that we could start to move in (we have been living with my AWESOME grandparents for the past 2ish weeks).  So we get there, no power at all.  Lovely.  So I start to move all my stuff into the apartment and it is sooo hot because naturally the power is out and so we couldn't even plug in a fan.  We moved in Friday and Saturday and started unpacking.  We got a mattress (yay for not having to sleep on the floor where the spiders can get you), and we got our couches out of storage (they were free), and we set up our new table that Stephen's wonderful Sister and Brother-in-Law gave us.  We went to Target Saturday night and got some more things we needed (like storage shelves).

At this point we have boxes and stuff everywhere.  It is a maze to get anywhere in the house.  I think that all apartments are never built with nearly enough storage or space for things, so it has been tricky finding a place for everything.  Unpacking and moving in is difficult without power for 3 reasons.  
1. No air/fan so you just sweat as you take things out of boxes and put them away
2. No lights: which makes it hard to do anything after about 8pm because it gets too dark to see
3. No fridge or freezer that is turned on: so we have no food to eat.  (we had bread and apple juice for breakfast...)

Another not so great thing is sleeping when it is so hot and muggy with no air circulating.  There is nothing worse than overheating and being sweaty while trying to sleep.  I probably only slept a few hours last night because I was so hot.  And Stephen went and tried to sleep in the living room on the couch because it was a tad bit cooler (but even that area heated up), so he kept moving between the bed and the couch.  Yeah, its okay, you can pity us.  

So Stephen called the electric company this morning and they can't even turn on our power until tomorrow!  Looks like another sleepless night for us.  Oh well, we will just stay on campus, reserve a room in the library and take a nap for a few hours IN AC! :)  

On the plus side, school starts today, and I am actually excited and looking forward to it, so we will see what this semester has in store for both of us.  

AND even after all this complaining about how things aren't quite as we hoped for them yet, we get to live in our FIRST own place and we are super excited.  No more having to go to sleep with noisy roommates keeping you awake and no more worrying about people taking your food from the fridge, no loud annoying music that you don't care for, and no worrying about other people never cleaning up!  It is great, I am excited for our new adventures together.  Stephen is so much more than I could have asked for.  He is sweet, kind, funny, spiritual, responsible, fun and simply wonderful in every way.  I am so grateful I had the opportunity to marry him and be sealed to him for eternity  :)

1 comment:

  1. Spiders can climb up on beds. Just thought you should know. :)

    ReplyDelete