This weekend (well really only Saturday, the 20th) was our open house up near where Stephen's parents live. We spent quite a while setting up in this lovely backyard that a family in their ward so graciously let us use. It looked really nice, with my hand made fabric flowers and all the blue and yellow ribbon and decorations. We set everything up and got the food and I put my dress on and Stephen put his suit on (we looked classy).
Here are some pictures of the outside setup
(which promtly got moved inside 10 minutes after the open house started...)
Tables :)
Yup, I made all the flowers (They took forever to finish all of them, but I enjoyed it)
Ha the unique fork display created by Stephen and Daniel :)
Cups on the mirror (too bad only a few people got to appreciate Jessica's work)
Computer Table (for slideshow/music)
Jam table (Stephen's LOVEly design :))
Sign in Table
So there are some pictures (proof that the weather was fine the WHOLE day until 5:10)
All this while the sky didn't look too friendly with really big, pretty dark clouds were looming overhead. I expressed concern to Stephen and he just said not to worry and that it would just blow over. Well, it didn't. It blew STRAIGHT THROUGH. So at 10 minutes after 5 it started to rain and then it started to pour. So everyone was scrambling about trying to bring everything inside so that it wouldn't get wet. Because of the rain not many people had showed up, it was really only his family, and my family, with some of his extended family there too. So we waited for a little bit and decided that the rain was not going to stop, so we set things up inside as best as we could so that people could still come and celebrate. It actually looked pretty nice. The area was small, but it was fun. Stephen and I stood near the door and opened it when people came so they could hurry in from the rain. It was mostly people I didn't know, but it was still fun. I enjoyed talking to people and wearing my pretty dress :)
People finally started leaving around 7:45pm (it was really only supposed to go from 5-7, but because of the weather it went longer). So we all helped clean up and load everything up into cars. I think it was a success despite the rain.
Funny coincidence, at Jessica's reception here in Utah, it also rained and that was back in May. I think we have started a family tradition for them: Outside receptions with rain. :)
Anyways, I love my in-laws, they are such wonderful people and I am truly grateful that I was blessed to marry into such an incredible family.
On a side note: Adam and Christina are moving to Oregon this week, and we are all very sad to see them leave. We are very happy and excited for the opportunity they have for Adam to go to school and for Christina to have her baby in a few months, but we will just miss them incredibly so.
I'm so glad you got some pictures before the rain and the wind came.
ReplyDelete