When November rolls around, there are a million and one things to think about; Thanksgiving, delicious food, family time, birthdays, getting close to the end of the semester (which consequently means lots of projects and tests) and so many other things. Needless to say, things get a little bit crazy in our lives.
The thing that brightens my days and gives me some perspective is gratitude. It can be about anything really. Just when I slow down and notice the hand of God in my life, I am continually amazed. He is in everything. I am grateful for my wonderful Husband who loves me so very much, and I him. I am grateful for good food, warm blankets and heating in the apartment. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to get an education at such a wonderful school. I am grateful for the changing colors in the fall and for the cooler weather (though some days I do despise the cold). I am grateful for the Gospel and the wonderful blessing we receive for being a part of it. I am grateful for Christ's Atonement; that ultimate sacrifice for all of us. I am grateful for a family (including in-laws) who love me and care about me. I am grateful for the chance to be employed. I am grateful for the simple things in life that bring a smile to me face. I am grateful for the kind words of others. I am grateful for the countless men and women serving our country so that we can be free. I am grateful for the freedom of choice. I am grateful to be on this earth at this time. I am grateful for Temples and the wonderful spirit that resides there. And the list could go on and on and on, the point is though we may not have all the things or experiences we want, we have what we need and most importantly, we have what God knows we need.
So take a minute, slow down and just be grateful for all that God has given you.
(And my camera is sitting on the shelf gathering dust, hence the lack of pictures for a while, someday SOON it will come out and play!)
No comments:
Post a Comment