Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful

I guess Thanksgiving came and went.  But that is no reason to be ungrateful the rest of the year :)  Here are some things I am especially thankful for this year:

1. My Savior, Jesus Christ
2. My wonderful husband :)
3. This true Gospel and church
4. Our little apartment (that is sometimes warm)
5. BYU and all the learning I am gaining
6. Good food to eat
7. Lots of blankets to stay warm with
8. Friends and family who love me and care about me
9. My sewing machine :) (I finally actually got around to sewing and I sewed myself a cute little church bag yesterday!)
10. People and things that make me smile :)

This list is by no means exhaustive, just the very most important things to me :)  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of food and family time :)
---

This year for Thanksgiving, we had it early (so last Saturday the 19th).  We went up to one of Stephen's uncles houses in Idaho and had lots of fun with all the cousins and aunts and uncles.  There was LOTS of wrestling (due to the large number of boys), nerf gun wars, LOADS of good food, cute kiddos all over the place, fun game playing and night games (which the boy cousins all thought it would be funny to scare Lisa all the time...).  Man I really love Stephen's family, they are just so awesome :)  We had a really good time.

We had Thanksgiving in Idaho early for two reasons; the first is that it was the off-year to spend thanksgiving with Stephen's extended family, but we wanted to anyways and second CHRISTINA HAD HER BABY on Monday 11/21!  That sweet little baby girl is so precious and I can't wait to meet her (which won't be for a while, but such is life).

For Thanksgiving day we (meaning Stephen, Daniel, and I) went out to dinner with my grandpa because my grandma was in Colorado.  We were originally going to go to Golden Corral, but when we got there, there was an astronomically HUGE line out the door, so we decided on Sizzlers instead.  It was really pretty good too! :)

The rest of the week off, we just enjoyed relaxing at home, watching some movies, reading harry potter (and not really doing much homework.. oops).  It was a nice break though before the final push of the semester.

Anyways, that was our break.  Oh and I sewed this super cute church bag yesterday (yes I actually started AND completed a sewing project in one day--doesn't happen often, usually it just gets thrown in that "I'll do later" pile).  So maybe I will take some pictures and show you, if anyone is even interested.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment