Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Trusting God Always


Today has been a beautiful fall day and I was just now reflecting on our life in the near future and one particular scripture;

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he will direct thy paths."

I believe 100% in this principle. It is a hard one but I am convinced by life experiences that He does know best and that He never leads us astray. I have always tried my best to obey and have seen the benefits of doing so -though many promptings have taken a long time to show the blessings of such blind obedience.

The hardest part for me however is when others oppose you in your personal revelation-supported decisions. I had mission companions who, when I'd tell the of a spiritual prompting, they'd either be getting the same one or immediately agree with it and support it. I always always did the same for them. But then I had other companions who would not quickly warm up to a prompting that I'd express for reasons that I don't understand. It seems to me that it is easy to say that one trusts God, but harder to really follow through with that trust when kick comes to punch. Be it laziness, personal bias, doubt or a sense of control loss, I find opposition to one's God-inspired choices disheartening and disappointing.

The sad thing is someone who opposes the prompting of another person is making alliances with the wrong side without knowing it and to the increased difficulty of the inspired individual. Fortunately for me, my darling wife is a spiritual giant with a simple, sweet and sincere testimony that never fails. I wish that everyone I knew who had influence in our lives were that way. It'd be easier to make God-encouraged decisions if social support of our close ones was always in favor of faith over personal preference and trust in God over self-confidence.

At least I can say that in all my life and despite opposition, I have never personally and we as couple together have never discredited revelation on what we are to do because of peer pressure. When me and Lisa get the same answer individually several times and together as a couple, it might as well be set in stone because "as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment