Thursday, July 5, 2012

Let Freedom Ring

I am grateful for the fourth of July because it helps us to remember all those brave men and women who fought so desperately for our freedom more than 230 years ago.  Today in a world where the constitution is set aside and practically ignored for many new laws and bills, it is important for us to remember it and stand for what we believe despite the heavy opposition, for otherwise those brave men and women may have fought and struggled in vain.

For our Fourth, we just did one fun thing after another!  First we went to the Provo Parade (which is one of the best in the valley).  We walked along the route from end to beginning to hopefully catch the whole thing but watch it faster than just sitting stationary in one place!  It was fun.  Emily and I even got free ice cream at the fair on center street :)

Stephen loved the Tank of course! 

Here we are walking along the route

Emily and I filled about 50+ water balloons and took them to Kiawana's park for a picnic with Stephen's family and mine!  It was delicious and fun!  We tossed the water balloons (and of course some were maliciously thrown...), threw frisbees, had a water fight (and got pretty soaked!) and just had a super fun time!  A lunch picnic is the best thing to do on the Fourth because there weren't many people at the part, most people have a picnic/BBQ at night so they can watch the fireworks afterwards.
The crew at the park :)

Being sneaky with a water balloon!

THEN, Stephen and I worked at the Stadium of Fire.  So yes, we got paid to watch/listen to the Beach Boys (although I have never really been super into them) and then watch incredible fireworks.

Overall it was a great (and hot) day!  I love freedom and my wonderful family (who btw is in town)

No comments:

Post a Comment